"Then Moses said to Him, 'If Your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here!'" Exodus 33:15
God's presence is infinitely better than the presence of all outward comforts. God is with His people to counsel them in all doubtful and difficult cases, and to defend and secure them against all their enemies and opposers.
A sound sincere Christian can never have enough:
- power against sin, nor
- strength against temptation, nor
- weanedness from this world, nor
- ripeness for heaven, nor
- of the presence of the Lord;
The special presence of God with His people, is a most sovereign antidote:
- troubles will be no troubles,
- distresses will be no distresses,
- dangers will be no dangers.
Mountains--will be molehills; stabs at the heart--will be as scratches upon the hand; if God's presence is with you. --Thomas Brooks