Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Contentment and Disappointment

"Godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6

"There is many a thing which the world calls 'disappointment', but there is no such a word in the 'dictionary of faith'. What to others are disappointments, are divine appointments to believers. If two angels were sent down from heaven--one to conduct an empire, and the other to sweep a street--they would feel no inclination to change employments." --John Newton

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in need." Philippians 4:11-12

1 comment:

Ken Stoll said...

...a life lesson I need over and over again. Great post George.